hot summer nights

Thursday, June 25

My heart is made of summer nights,
that crushed velvet violet tye-dyed
with wisps of hot pink ribbons
cutting across the surface.
It sneaks up on you and then
presses down on you entirely,
imprinting itself much deeper
than you'd realized.

But once you notice it,
that violet fades to tender blue.
That's where you live in my heart.
You live where ocean breezes and
oil paints cascade in summer
nights framed in silver and gold.
You live where that blue never
burns out and winter never
eats those nights alive.

My heart is made of summer nights,
and those nights were made for you.

via *

3 comments:

  1. Even those hot summer nights have a cool breeze pass through, or a cool colored sky... a lot like love... a contrast of emotions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. I seriously love this poem. It's beautiful. My favorite part is when you introduces the one in your heart. The summer imagery really stuck in my mind and made me want to spend the sunset on a shore somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so dreamy! you are a beautiful writer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.