Penpal Post

Monday, October 14

Can we all agree that snail mail is by far the most superior way to communicate? It's so personal and loving that someone would take the time to write you a letter or send you a package. And it makes me feel like an adult to get a letter that's all mine. Not junk mail or a bill, but a letter just for me. 

I've always wanted a penpal so when the lovely Emerald Dove put up a post asking for a penpal I jumped at the chance! Lauren is the absolute cutest person in the world. She is so smart and so sweet and I cannot cannot CANNOT wait to get to know her more through our package exchanges. Her package to me was exceptionally wonderful. Take a peek:


She's from the UK, which is phenomenal. I've always had an obsession with England. Once when I was a little girl and a teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I was a grown-up I answered "British." I'm working on it! She asked me if there was anything specific I wanted her to send me. I asked for a Ribena, a British drink I found at a British store in Salt Lake once and become completely obsessed with. I also asked for Maoam's candies since there is a handsome British youtuber who loves them. I've been dying to try them! (They were amazing! All the best parts of Laffy Taffy's without the waxiness of American candy.) The Cadbury bar was just a lovely surprise :)


I also had the idea to send each other a copy of a favorite book that has a different cover in the UK vs the USA. She's a fellow book lover and I personally feel that there is no greater bond than sharing books. She sent me a copy of The Book Thief that I have been dying to get. This book is my absolute favorite (Along with Gatsby) and the British cover is perfect beyond words. It's quite possible that I cried when I saw it and held it and smelled it. Oh books. 


It was the best surprise to get the package in my mailbox on Friday. On an unrelated note, I also got my official acceptance letter to the University of Utah so I can go back to school in January. I opened the letter and felt an immense sense of calm and purpose come over me. My future is all coming together, one gorgeous puzzle piece at a time. 

The mail was full of wonder on Friday. Even my text message inbox was full of a lovely surprise from the perfect boy. It's coming together, everyone. October is nailing it. 

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE OCTOBER AND PEN PALS!!! Seriously though, October really is nailing it. And Ribena is the absolute BEST!! Had it for the first time when I went to London. All sorts of delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love London. And you. That is all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked it! Very happy right now! :D
    Well done on the uni place!
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a gorgeous cover of the book thief!! love it! Congrats on your acceptance. :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And right? I saw the cover and died. UGH I can't even with that book :)

      Delete
  5. How fun! Definitely needing to get myself a pen pal! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this idea of getting a pen pal! glad everything is coming together for you & that you're life is full of happy mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been great so far! Can't wait for the good times to keep rolling!

      Delete
  7. british people are just so cool. they can say ANYTHING and it sounds so right and perfect and thoughtful. for example, "i'll take the #5 with cheese." i mean. right? have fun writing back and forth and getting little pressies in the mail! snail mail truly is the best. i'm going to england next month and now i am already looking forward to ribena. what does it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. your penpal is so perfect. i want one! also, congratulations on getting into the u!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. have you ever been to London? i think you would love it so much. there's modern buildings and old buildings and cobblestone everywhere and cool pubs and it's always drizzling. love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.