trapped

Wednesday, January 29

Hi. For some reason it feels like it's been so long since I've been on here. It's only been a few days but for one reason or another, it's felt like I haven't been allowed to write on my own blog. I was scared to write and I still am a little bit. But I'm also afraid of what will happen if I don't. My heart needs it. (I mean, it also needs to not be afraid 100% of the time but one thing at a time.)

My blog is my home. It's like my baby blankets. It means so much to me and it is the place I feel safest. So when I feel like my blog has been bombed or is being watched I have a hard time wanting to come home, but where else will I go? Ugh. I hate winter.

How are you all? I don't really have a lot to say, but I wanted to check in. Today in my creative writing class, we are devoting the entire class to workshopping one of my stories. *INSERT GULP HERE* I'm very scared. I've been doubting my writing lately. It's the grey weather and the grey spirits around me. I need sunlight and an escape. And also to stop being scared of my own shadow. I'll let you know how the workshop goes. I'd love to share the story I wrote here. I'm very proud of it. It's a bit long but maybe I can share it piece by piece.

Excuse my frantic rambling. But everything feels like that lately.

I love you, readers. Thank you for being here and making me feel brave.

12 comments:

  1. You have every reason to be brave about your words. That's what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! baby blankets is by far the best way i've heard how to describe what a blog means to a blogger. and i really wanna know how that workshop goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your nice blog! It brings so much pleasure to read your posts and poems. I'm a freshman here but it's the warmest place where I can get inspired! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. doubt is natural. but i have faith you will write the words you need us to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. winter has gone on quite long enough now i think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with your workshop! hopefully your peers will only help to hone your skills and make you more confident in your abilities.

    sending love, because i know that fear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being here feels safe.
    I'm glad you're around too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Workshops always made me so nervous but in the end are so so helpful, make the most of it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope you do share your story. i am delighted by your words. hope your house becomes a home again. i hate that feeling. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lady, lets get out of here and go someplace where the sun shines! i am convinced it needs to happen frequently in the grey months of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your workshop, I need the sun too, I hope you do share your story as I love your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take a look at the alarm clock in your room upon arrival. The worst thing that could happen is to be startled by an alarm clock when you’re fast asleep that a previous guest had set to early.
    costaricasolarhomes.com |

    dasunnytechnicalservices.com |

    dutchlandtechnology.com |

    echoparkhouses.com |

    ecohawaiitours.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.