thirty dialogs bleed into one

Wednesday, January 1


Happy New Year, lovers. I was right about last night being wonderful, and incredibly surprising. Incredibly Surprising. In fact if last night is any inclination as to how 2014 will be, it will be crazy and surprising and beautiful and unexpected. I could use a bit of all of that in my life.

Last night I talked with my dearest friend for the first time in two years, and I get to see him today.
Last night I spent my new year with my James Dean and got my heart served to me on a platter.
Last night I went to bed at six in the morning after having my head scream for hours.
Sometimes there are just too many words for how you feel.

Today I feel settled. Excited. Scared. Anxious. I feel a lot of things. As it turns out, my life will never be uncomplicated. Ever. But I am surrounded by gorgeous people, inside and out. That's all I can ask for, really. I'd rather be constantly unsettled than bored and uninspired.

via *

5 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had the perfect night! complication is always better than boredom ;) happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. constantly unsettled but knowing you're right where you're supposed to be - that's how i'd like to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully written. And you're right, being surrounded by good people makes all the difference ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. complication does seem to breed inspiration :) sounds like your night was eventuful, here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything's better than being.boring....hell i would rather be a slut.than a boring old maid haha, anyways, you could never be boring,.dont worry.... happy new year!!!
    I.hope.you rock this 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.