Hump Day Jams

Wednesday, June 12

Summer is such a refreshing season. Even if you are incredibly busy like I am this summer, the sun and the stars of summer skies call for slowing down and relaxing. Life begins again with the summer (Thanks Nick Carraway... I'm gonna throw my cares away this summer too. Hopefully I'll find my Gatsby.)

Great things are going to happen this summer. I cannot wait to see what they are.

For some reason this has been the only song I have craved all week. It's called A Lack of Color by Death Cab for Cutie. This is such a gorgeous song on what I'd argue is one of the best albums of all time. To me it sounds like summer nights spent laying out and relaxing on my driveway staring at the stars, dreaming for the future. Enjoy :)

I liked this cute little video. :)

And when I see you
I really see you upside down.
But my brain knows better
It picks you up and turns you around
Turns you around, turns you around.

If you feel discouraged
That there's a lack of color here.
Please don't worry, lover
It's really bursting at the seams,
from absorbing everything,
The spectrum's A to Z.

This is fact not fiction,
for the first time in years.
All the girls in every girly magazine
Can't make me feel
any less alone.

I'm reaching for the phone
To call at 7:03 and on your machine
I slur a plea for you to come home.

But I know it's too late,
I should have given you a reason to stay,
Given you a reason to stay,
given you a reason to stay,
given you a reason to stay.

This is fact not fiction,
for the first time in years.

Image via Flickr


1 comment:

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.