wasted daylight

Sunday, August 18

Water color clouds bleed across
the azure page as your
thought inch up my spine
like ink.

The ghost of your fingertips
brush past my wrist,
down my palm,
nesting on my nail beds.

Do you remember?

Wasted days
sitting in twisted sheets,
sipping scalding coffee,
mussing my hair,
mapping your back
with eager hands 
exploring
learning

yearning.

The daytime 
sparks and scalds our skins.
so we stay in.

Huddled in each other,
until the moon called me home.

She wears your face now,
obscured by clouds,
she's made brighter,
as you made me. 

Irony, no?

Wasted time, enjoyed,
was not wasted.
I still waste daylight with 
you by my side. 

EmJ
via WeHeartIt

Based on this <3

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet words <3

    Wasting time can be wunderful sometimes.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. Gorgeous. You're such a writer, I love this! {And the song is perfect. Stars is wonderful}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.