have you heard this?

Wednesday, September 11


It is ridiculous how much I love this song. I have been fighting the Miley love so so hard. First We Can't Stop was my guilty pleasure, then the VMAs lost me for a hot second. But this. This is perfection. Perfection. Why is this song my week? Give this a listen. Finally she chose to show off her voice, with feeling and power. And utter honesty.

I love the video. So much symbolism I could die. Mmm. Pain is deliciously addictive, girl. You lick that sledgehammer.

I understand this too. I understand how hard it is to try and battle all of these demons without hurting those closest to you. When I feel like the rest of my world is collapsing and misunderstanding me, I destroy the one beautiful thing I have in my life. I never mean to hurt that person, but I always accidentally throw them out of my life. I am so sorry. I hate that I do this. I am so sorry. The most I can do is try to piece us back together after my storm has passed.

We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain
We jumped, never asking why.
We kissed, I feel under your spell
A love no one could deny.

Don't you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you.
I can't live a lie, running for my life,
I will always want you.

I came in like a wrecking ball,
I never hit so hard in love.
All I wanted was to break your walls
all you ever did was wreck me.
Yeah you wreck me.

I put you high up in the sky,
and now you're not coming down.
It slowly turned, you let me burn
and now we're ashes on the ground.

Don't you ever say I just walked away,
I will always want you.
I can't live a lie, running for my life,
I will always want you.

I came in like a wrecking ball,
I never hit so hard in love.
All I wanted was to break your walls,
all you ever did was wreck me.
Yeah you wreck me.
I came in like a wrecking ball,
Yeah I just closed my eyes and swung,
Left me crouching in a blazing fall,
All you ever did was wreck me,
yeah you wreck me.

I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in
And instead of using force
I guess I should have let you win.
I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in.
And instead of using force,
I guess I should have let you win.

Don't you ever say I just walked away,
I will always want you.

I came in like a wrecking ball,
I never hit so hard in love.
All I wanted was to break your walls,
all you ever did was wreck me.

6 comments:

  1. ugh, i am so OBSESSED!!! I also finally gave into the Miley love. I couldn't help it alright?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL!!!!!!!! I love you. I LOVE THIS SONG!!!! We are best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I listened to this song, it occurred to me that maybe I was the one who wrecked him.

    xx
    LuLu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song, and love her voice. But not sure about the video.. there are some parts which I completely don't understand. It seems to be too much for me...
    I get it, that there's an implication, and it has a deep meaning...
    But I never been a big fan of nudity in clips, of all these 'sexy' things. I think that there's something more, and much bigger to show than your naked body. It definitely attracts, but that's not the only way to attract people. And it's art to know how, and to find the way to do that.
    These days I see way too many naked women in video clips, and it's kind of annoying to me. Women should prove that we have a soul, an intellect.. and not our naked bodies can attract people. But now we are showing ourselves as pieces of meat.. nicely packed pieces of meat.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a Miley fan since day 1, never gonna stop. I absolutely love her because she's always herself with no apologies. this song is aaaammmazing btw. her previous album "can't be tamed" is also so good...look it up. soundtrack to getting over someone, for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure look that up. I'm needing to get over someone ASAP and I'm always down for more Miley Time. #cantstopwontstop

      Delete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.